Safety: First, Last, Always
At Brinkmann Constructors, safety, health, and environmental compliance are a top priority. As builders of high-risk construction across the country, Brinkmann follows a comprehensive safety program that must be followed by all personnel on every project site every day. While we employ a dedicated safety director responsible for managing the company’s safety program, we believe this area is everyone’s responsibility.
As a result, our current experience modification rate (EMR) of 0.75 is well below industry average. Brinkmann is committed to preventing incidents through the following:
- During construction planning, a specific safety analysis is conducted to identify and eliminate health and safety concerns to the particular project site.
- Our safety director is OSHA-certified, as are all project engineers, project managers, and superintendents.
- Safety orientation is required for everyone working on a project site.
- Our superintendents facilitate weekly site safety meetings.
- Site personnel are certified in Red Cross First Aid, CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), and AED (automated external defibrillator).
- Weekly documented safety inspections are required on our project sites.
- Hard hats are a requirement on all project sites, as is appropriate personal protective equipment.
- All employees are trained extensively.
- In the unlikely event that an incident occurs, site personnel must report the incident to our safety director within 24 hours for further investigation.
- All Brinkmann Constructors personnel are empowered to identify and correct safety hazards on a project site, enforce the company’s safety program, and demonstrate the highest commitment to safety, health, and environmental compliance.
- Finally, it is an ongoing commitment of our leadership to deliver projects to our clients that are incident-free.
To further illustrate our commitment to health and safety issues, Brinkmann Constructors is an active member of the St. Louis OSHA - AGC Partnership. Only contractors meeting strict safety criteria may participate in the partnership.